Back to work, back home, back to “normal.” I think I’m ok most of the time and then see some evidence that I’m experiencing a new ok. Every morning now my meditation includes weeping. My drive to work is so difficult because I that is when I called my sister. Not that I called every single day, but I knew I could if I wanted. Now I can’t.
There is no one who has as much faith in me as my sister had. No one who will encourage me and mostly always be on my side the way she was. She had a huge role in my life. I don’t think I realized how huge it was until it became a gaping hole.
This morning I got almost all the way to work before I realized I left my garden’s drip irrigation system running. It is a 32 mile ride which takes over an hour so going back home seemed insane. I will go at lunch time and thankfully this afternoon I have a meeting that is about half the distance. I hope I haven’t flooded my yard and that my water bill won’t be huge. I called the water company and they said I ought to be ok as long as it’s not much more than 4 hours.
Here’s what I’m grateful for:
- A job that’s just the right amount of challenging for my current brain power
- Friends who have been so supportive
- The summer season and all the flowers, fruits, and vegetables
- A good new doctor who is a practitioner of functional medicine and has me on NO medication at all
- My home, be it ever so humble….
For these and all the other blessings in my life Thank You God.