I’m trying so hard to make this work… This working thing. The job’s good. My boss is someone I am thrilled to be working for, my co-workers are everything you would hope for. But every day I don’t want to go to work. I’m tired. I’m over it even though this is probably the best situation I’ve ever found myself in.
I feel so ungrateful, and then I beat myself up for that!
I missed Mass a couple of weeks ago – in the middle of Lent, no less, because I was so tired I started crying while taking my morning bath. When I went to confession the next week, the priest told me to stop beating myself up. Ok.
Nine months to a year left, then I can retire. My washing machine died, so that set me back a bit. I am working on refinancing my house so that payment can be less. I have paid off 5 accounts since mid-January. But I find I need a vacation.
Going with my daughter to a national park in Utah in April. That will cost a couple hundred, but will be so worth it.
Need a daily gratitude practice:
- This wonderful job
- My new yoga room at home
- An upcoming vacation
- God’s Grace, which has provided a soft landing for me
- Precious sleep
- A new tv in my bedroom – a decadence I have never allowed myself till now.
- Delicious nutritious food that I can afford
- Dinner tonight with a friend
- I still have a good reputation in the community, even after my problems on the last job which took such a toll on me emotionally.
- That’s over!
- God is kind and wonderful.
- Hopefully I can take Friday afternoon off to go to Good Friday Stations of the Cross.