Here’s another favorite photo – I think it might be more difficult to paint than it looks and also, it has no sky. I love the blue sky of most of my photos. The other sad thing about this photo is that this place is now bulldozed – They haven’t built the road yet, but about 2 years ago, they just came in with all manner of heavy equipment and decimated this beautiful place with that old fence someone built with loving care long, long ago.
My neighbor had a screaming match with her boyfriend just after I fell asleep last night – including screaming in and out of the house, slamming doors and pounding something. I have lost more sleep over those kids than all three of my kids put together. I think I finally went back to sleep around 2 a.m. – and then up at 4. Thanks Sarah.
But there is plenty good about today. Including, but not limited to:
- It is only expected to get into the 80s today , which may help with firefighting efforts
- I have a job in the city I love
- I have new clothes to wear today
- My boss is awesome, even though she is only 12 years old – OK, I exaggerate, she is 32
- Yesterday I UPS’d my tubes of paint and brushes to my sister’s house in preparation for my vacay!
- God doesn’t check your credit score before listening to you (unlike my mortgage guy who gave me a scathing lecture yesterday and had me feeling like a loser for hours).
- I don’t really have to refinance my house, I already have a mtg. with a fairly low interest rate, so I was able to tell him to buzz off.
- No one ever said that having plenty of money was necessary to have a good life (but it does help).
- I am still alive, healthy, gainfully employed, and sober!
Fear not, for I am with you,
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
— Isaiah 41:10